In case you missed the memo back during the AW ‘16 shows statement furs ruled the runways from New York and London to Milan and Paris. Needless to say these are not pieces for wallflowers. Bold patterns, rainbow bright colors, geometric shapes slapped onto a staple black coat and a mirage of all of these often times paired together.
Here are five tips to pulling off the statement fur in the chicest way possible:
- Keep it simple. A la this holiday look where I paired my chevron faux fur with my black Derek Lam leather skirt (on sale here!) and a black silk cami.
- Own it. You know that the moment you walk into a room all eyes will be on you and your fab coat.
- Take a cue from Kate Moss. Wear. It. Daily. We can all agree that during winter what you’re wearing under your coat sadly goes unnoticed until you fully delayer. Wear this statement piece with jeans and a tee when you have zero desire to dress up.
- Don’t be so serious. Have fun with it. If you’re going to make the purchase of a beaute like one of these then have fun, pair your fur with an unexpected piece. Go bold with a velvet mini dress and boots. Or a silk pajama set and mules.
- Not feeling so bold? Invest in a gorgeous black or navy number that you can wear with almost anything. Pair with black leather pants and a sweater with booties to make an understated statement.
Shop my favorite bold fur pieces:
Shot by Laurel Creative0