One of the most important things we can do to keep ourselves healthy is by staying active. 20, 30, 40 minutes a day will do wonders for not only your immune system but your mental state as well. As someone who tries to maintain a healthy workout routine from anywhere (home, hotels, the beach, etc) I’ve rounded up some of my favorite workouts to do from anywhere, including codes for the ones that are not free!
Tips to making it a little more fun?
- Schedule live stream or online workouts with girlfriends then do Facetime coffee dates afterwards. All that’s missing is your $9 matcha latte.
- Get your significant others involved.
- Join your favorite instructors via LIVEstreams!
- If you can take it outside to your patio.
Hotel workout highlights
These are saved to the front of my Instagram Story highlights and include a number of moves to do in small spaces, most you don’t need equipment for but if you do you can sub in cans for light weights, hand towels in lieu of sliders and if nothing else go to AMAZON or BED BATH & BEYOND both of which deliver super quick. Plus they’re under $20.
If you’ve been following along for anytime now on my Instagram you know that I’m hooked on this dance cardio class. It’s the perfect mood booster in my opinion. Few things, they are still holding classes in NYC but are working to ensure your health and that of the staff are made a priority so they’re smaller – which sorry but I love!
Use code: AshleyNii to get 50% off your first class
- DanceBody LIVE app: with the promo code DBQUARANTINE, you’ll receive 50% off your first month. Get ALL the intensity and fun of classes, without having to go anywhere. If you’re not feeling great, or are just plain nervous, this is a great option. We host both LIVE + On Demand content to Keep you Moving no matter what.
- Virtual Private Sessions: Train 1-on-1 from the comfort of your own home through Virtual Private Sessions with a DanceBody Trainer. No need to sacrifice your personalized workout, we can stay connected, anytime, anywhere! To book or ask questions, please email them. $150/session
- Private + Semi-Private Sessions: Need a major infusion of good energy? We’ve got you! Let our #DBtrainers come to you with Private and Semi-Private Sessions. Sessions can be held in-home or at our DanceBody studios. We are running a “Coronavirus Special”: Private Sessions, $150/hr, Semi-Private Sessions, $250/hour. To book or ask questions, please email them.
- Did you flee to the Hamptons or Miami? If so, GREAT NEWS! We’re there too! Email them for class or Private Session info.
14 Day Free Trial on their live classes. The Class simply put brought me to tears on my first in studio experience, it rocks you to the core. I think right now more than ever it’s important to tune into your feelings. This is also an unbelievable class to stream from home. So Go for it for these next two weeks and then when we’re all out of quarantine we can do a class together!
Starting now through June 1, 2020, we will be rolling over all unused credits at the end of your cycle to ensure you have the flexibility you need to take proper precautions. No credits will expire before June 1. Plus ClassPass’ has video workouts too as well as a plethora of wellness offerings.
You have all seen me rave about the P.Volve equipment packs, this ultimate one is one sale and includes unlimited streaming. P.VOLVE also has a live stream and they have a 14 day trial too (plus in-studio classes available in NYC.) I love their equipment and often use it for quick workouts at home when I don’t have time to stream a workout or want to squeeze in one between work calls.
PopSugar’s Workout Videos are FREEEEEEE and online–I love their mixture of workouts that you can access. PopSugar offers everything from HIIT to Dance to quick 30 minute workouts you can do in your living room, like this one.
If you’ve been reading my blog for any time now then you know that I started doing this dance cardio class nearly four years ago. This workout is who I credit my strong core to. Sign up for the videos. Best part is you can piece short workouts together or you can do a full 45 minute class.