Happy Fall Y’all! I can’t believe it’s almost October, which more importantly means it is apple picking, pumpkin patching, spiked apple cider, leaves changing season! While the harried days of summer and long hot weekends by the pool are now distant memories I’m quite looking forward to my fall weekends this year! My girlfriends and I have created a little New York ‘Fall’ bucketlist so that we can plan fun activities on the weekends and not be sitting around trying to figure out what we want to do come Saturday. First up on the list? A trip up to Bear Mt for a little hiking and fall foliage! Make sure to follow me on snapchat (username: AshleyNii) for a glimpse into the day trip and of course for a few good laughs!
Have a fab weekend lovelies! xx A
NYC Peeps (there is SO much going on!):
- On Sat. pop by The Apartment by The Line for fall fashion and cocktails. Just sounds delightful doesn’t it?
- The Best of France event hits NYC this weekend with a lot of fun events and happenings sure to make your inner Francophile content
- Happening until 10/3: Crossing the Line will host What I Live By pop-ups at festival events and kiosks around New York City. Participants are invited to stop by with something they own that represents their ethics, brand it with a What I Live By label, and share their stories. The next stop is Monday at A Détacher
- Snag your tickets to the Puerto Rico Meets NYC event starting 9/30! (purchase tickets here)
- Buy your tickets now for the Pink Agenda Gala on Oct. 16th for breast cancer research
- Hit the Alice & Wonderland Exhibit at the Morgan Library before it closes on October 12th
- The NYC Ballet is doing a limited engagement of Swan Lake at Lincoln Center, snag tickets ASAP.
- Coming back next week: LOOT: MAD About the Jewelry, the Museum of Arts and Design’s annual jewelry exhibition and sale! It’ll run from September 28th to October 3rd!
Good reads and links to check out:
- Jenn’s powerful story on early detection will make you think twice about skipping your Dr visits.
- Major kudos to my dear friend Laura on her film for iD
- You must watch this 6 year old’s advice to her parents
- Challenge yourself by taking a new class (or two!)
- Love this cute little wine & cheese pairings breakdown that every woman should know
- For a good laugh: Ryan Reynolds assembling Ikea furniture is amazing.