Hallelujiah it is Friday! It was quite the wonderful whirlwind of a week over here at II including an insanely delicious dinner from the team at KitchenSurfing (snag a discount below!) and a midday pick me up with the Gina Rodriquez and Crest at DreamDry (fun details to come!) Though after such a crazy week, I have to admit I am looking forward to a bit of a calm weekend here in NYC! I’ll be trying out Delaware & Hudson’s brunch, boozy popsicles at Loopy Doopy (finally!) and giving into my friends and doing a sushi dinner at Jewel Bako in the East Village. I’m also going to be hitting Rockaway beach to do a little volunteer action with some friends while still enjoying the warm August weekend, check out NewYorkCares.org to see their laundry list of volunteer opportunities. I’m off to enjoy a great weekend, hope you do too! xo
New York Crew:
- Hit up MoMA PS1 Warm Up tomorrow (note, DJs and food/bevs go from 3 – 9 PM)
- Love a good cheese and wine tasting event especially at the Bedford Cheese Shop
- Tickets are still available for the Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governor’s Island, which is always a good time!
- Sunrise yoga next Wednesday on the STK rooftop. Sign up.
- 50 free things to do in nyc.
- Stop by STORY to check out their new look, courtesy of @drawbertson
- Venture over to Governor’s Island and check out the Hammock Grove – a cool 10-acre stretch of land that is lined with rows of hammocks (bonus is the crazy cool view of NYC)
Random reads and things to know:
- I’m just going to say it because I know we’re all thinking it … this article is incredibly sad, quite disgusting to be honest and all around a glimpse at our generation. Get it together people.
- Yes, I will agree these are all amazing air bnb finds. Pardon me as I’ll be booking a few trips now.
- Speaking of travel, I love Angie’s life lessons learned from traveling article.
- I’d like to be swimming in any one of these pools
- College football countdown can now begin. Saying a few prayers for my Sooners of course.
- This hotel farm in Albuquerque takes me back to winters past spent in NM.
- Summer can wreak havoc on your body so give this detox drink a go come Sunday night.
- Uber will now return your post-happy hour shopping mistake. This could be a problem …
- Crazy mornings call for easy hairstyles (here’s 23 of them, thx Buzzfeed!)
- The new devil’s dictionary
- I’m kind of obsessing over Vogue’s new living section.
Impossibly Awesome Deals for II Readers:
- Enjoy $25 off your first Kitchen Surfing dinner using code: ashleynii
- Score your 1st month of unlimited designer sunnies from Ditto’s Endless Eyewear program using code: IMPOSSIBLY