With the holidays officially behind us, we turn our focus to celebrate the year that was a ring in the new year! What better way to ring it in than rocking a little leather ensemble glammed up with some serious baubles and just the right amount of glitter?! I knew when I picked out this black leather outfit I could really go bold with my make up. Enter in the talented Stephanie Nelson who worked her make-up artist magic, glitzed up my eyes with gold glitter and really did a number on my lips with a bold bright pink. Check out the how-to below!
- Prime your eye – I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
- Use a light shade with a little shimmer all over from the lash line to the brow bone – I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin
- Spray your flat brush with a setting spray (I used – Urban Decay All Nighter) then dab your brush into any glitter you chose (I used – NYX Glitter Mania in Gold) then pat the glitterized brush all over lid up to the crease. Repeat until as glittery as you desire!
- I suggest using a powder for the liner, because a gel or liquid will be too harsh for this look! So I used the Bobbi Brown Kohl Cake Liner in Black with a fine brush (think E.L.F. Concealer Brush ) and create a thin line across the top and bottom lash lines
- Take that same black powder and brush and tight line your upper lash line. Not sure what tight lining is? It is simply taking your product and applying it into your waterline! If you’re a first timer, I will warn you that it will feel a little funny, but it makes your lashes look so much fuller!
- *Optional Step – Take the same glitter from your eyelid and apply it over the black liner under your bottom lashes. This just gives a little more pop to the eye!
- Apply a coat of mascara – I used Loreal Volumious False Fiber Lashes in Black
- Apply 2 sets of lashes! I first applied a more natural lash to give Ashley additional volume and length (Ardell Lash #108) Then I applied an accent demi lash to give a little more definition and elongate the eye (Ardell Lash #308) I always use the Duo Lash Adhesive in Clear . Unsure of how to apply lashes? Watch this video from Ardell Lashes that will give you a few tips!
- Add 2 more coats of mascara and you’re done!
For the Lips:
- Line your lips and fill in the entire lip to create a stain for lasting power! I used MAC Liner in Magenta
- You want to choose a long wearing formula for your lip color. I went with an OCC Lip Tar in Anime . These are truly the longest wearing colors ever and they are insanely gorgeous!Also available at Sephora!
Happy NYE Outfit Planning!