With Christmas behind us, we find ourselves now scrambling to make NYE plans with friends followed all too quickly but the daunting question do ‘what in the hell am I going to wear?’ Inevitably what look you go with will be determined by your plans for the evening and while so many people despise NYE I personally love it, it’s just another excuse to dress up, glam up and have a damn good time with friends. Though while my NYE will be significantly different from years’ past as I will be ringing in 2015 with friends in Thailand, I couldn’t resist the chance to create one quick NYE look for you to try out before I embarked on my trip.
Stephanie Nelson of her namesake company, Stephanie Nelson Make-up, whipped together an easy but beautiful faux lob style using loose waves and a handful of bobby pins. Paired with a bold red lip and smokey eyes she created a surprisingly sultry look to compliment the sheer intricately embroidered Single dress I oped for. I went minimal on accessories, opting for a tiny clutch and bold turquoise Jimmy Choo heels to finish it off.
Faux lob how-to:
- Blow out your clean hair with care using the Panasonic Nanoe hair dryer (now available in NYC at Bed Bath and Beyond in Chelsea!!)
- Add in Bumble and bumble pret-a-powder to create volume and add texture
- Curl hair using a 2″ wand or the Panasonic Nanoe flatiron to create loose curls in alternating directions
- Spray with hairspray to hold in place
- Separate into 3 ponytails
- ‘Topsy turvy’ ponytails
- Scrunch left ponytail up, secure ends loosely in hair with 2-3 bobby pins, repeat with remaining ponytails
- Pull out a few pieces to ensure look is a bit messy and doesn’t look too stiff
Caring for your hair, especially during the holiday party season, is incredibly important. That’s why I always use my Panasonic Nanoe hair dryer to ensure I’m starting off on the right foot. Which is why I’m so excited to give you the chance to win a Panasonic Nanoe hair dryer (a $149 value!) for yourself!! Entering is easy to do, simply enter below and leave a comment in the notes section, one winner will be selected on January 1st! Good luck!
Get the look:
Single Dress // Jimmy Choo heels (old; similar here) // Vintage jewelry // Lips // Smokey eye palette // mascara