I’ve said it before but there is something about the Texas heat that makes it almost impossible to wear anything more than a a sundress let alone to keep your make up in place and your hair not look like you’ve just stuck your finger in a socket. For those hot sun filled days that I love so much I am inevitably found in a breezy sundress, flowy maxi dress or a lightweight romper with a pair of wedges and a small bag. No need to lug around those totes that I do during winter! To keep my hair from frizzing out during the summer I’m all about a good braid (as last seen here!) and doing a milkmaid braid is one of the quickest ways to look pulled together in under 10 minutes. Get all of the details below!
Quick Milkmaid Braid how-to from Stephanie Nelson Makeup and Hair:
- Split your hair into two low hanging pigtails
- Braid each pigtail starting right above the ear down off to the side and secure with a clear tie at the end
- Repeat on the other side
- Wrap one braid over the crown of your head and secure the ends with a bobby pin, repeat on the other side
- Make sure to tuck the ends into each side, I always secure with an extra bobby pin or two
- Seal the look with a good solid spray of the Sexy Hair Spray & Play Harder to lock everything in and keep it looking great in the relentless Texas humidity!